Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Oprah and Dr. Robin: Hungry


“What?!”  you ask.  Actually Oprah and Dr. Robin are quite alright.

Dr. Robin’s book Hungry: The Truth About Being Full was the topic of Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday interview.  Briefly, they talked about how Dr. Robin got through a when-it-rains- it-pours experience in her life - in the midst of having the notion that she was “doing well” and that “everything was taken care of”:  

“Even though I looked alive and vital, the hourglass measuring the aliveness of my soul was swiftly draining to the bottom. I was losing my battle to be myself. I was in my prime. My career was taking off; I was surrounded by loving friends and family. Yet it felt like time was running out.”

Dr. Robin L. Smith, noted psychologist, ordained minister, motivational speaker, and best-selling author of Lies at the Altar, seemed to have the perfect life, but underneath it all, she felt empty.
                                                                         - From Dr. Robin L. Smith’s website http://www.drrobinsmith.com/books

Now we all know Oprah and Dr. Robin are great teachers (who rock ‘til we shine) right?  But Dr. Robin proves even the greatest amongst us go through huge challenges.   Watch Oprah’s Next Chapter/Super Soul Sunday interview with Dr. Robin right here:
http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/Full-Episode-Oprah-and-Dr-Robin-Smith-on-the-Hungry-Soul-Video

What came up for me as I watched the interview was  1) to deepen gratitude and make it a consciously daily experience.  And  2) contemplate Oprah’s most profound question of the interview:  “Are you home now?”  What does it mean to be “home” for me?

Watch the interview and see what comes up for you.

Thank you for reading. 

~Quelyn, Author of
Validation Denied Grace Bestowed:somewhere between the ghetto and God was something called foster care...

FOR APPEARANCES, BOOK SIGNINGS & TALKS CONTACT:
The Butterfly Book Tour™Team / beyondlabelz@yahoo.com
(812)330-2909 or (800) 288-4677

Copyright©2013 Quelyn Purdie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment